Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pros and Cons of Living My Life.

My life is more complicated than what people see of me in person. There are positive and negative sides to being me. For the positive side, with me being sheltered from some of the bad events of the world, I know barely any sexual references what so ever, so I can't understand half the dirty topics that others speak about. People usually trust me more than others because of my honesty, and they can talk to me on a one on one basis if they are having trouble. I made a vow to stay a virgin till marriage. The negative parts of being so sheltered, is the fact that I can be pretty ignorant and arrogant about certain things, like when people talk about homosexuality, which is a very difficult topic for me to understand at times. I had a small conversation with a close friend of mine, and I accidentally said something that sort of bugged him, because he has friends that are gay, I felt really terrible about it, but I wish I understood things like that better, so I wouldn't have to go through that again..I think that going to college will close some of my sheltered habits away, which is a good thing in some cases, because I can finally learn and understand the ways of the real world. I still wonder if anything I expressed here is wrong, but I just had to let this out eventually, so I don’t make any mistakes later.

No comments: